A Message From Dr. Myriah Hinchey
We’re Here For You
As the owner and Medical Director of TAO, I just wanted to reassure you that we are here for you in whatever capacity you need us. From keeping up to date with the latest information regarding COVID-19 to providing you with simple at-home techniques to reduce stress and boost your immune system, to general vitamin/herbal supplementation for boosting immunity and dealing with viral invasion and increased cytokine production, to one–on-one completely individualized treatment plans for your mind, body, and spirit—we are here for you.
Available via Telemedicine and in office visits.
We are available via telemedicine from the privacy and comfort of your own home, on your smartphone or computer (covered by most insurances) – as well as IN OFFICE visits with both your naturopathic physician and/or psychotherapist. Just call our office during normal business hours to schedule 860.228.1287
There are many recommendations I can make for supporting your health at this time. My best possible advice includes:
- Drinking half of your weight (lbs) in ounces of water
- Eating fresh non-starchy vegetables and berries, clean grass-fed or free-range protein sources, adequate healthy fats, phytonutrients, and fiber.
- Getting adequate sleep/rest.
- Managing stress.
- Moving your body and getting as much sunlight and fresh air as possible.
- Try to drag yourself away from the TV, social media or computer and stop barraging yourself with non-stop doom and gloom from the news reports.
- Stay informed periodically, but do not keep the NOISE going all day long in the background. Instead, do things that feed your soul and make you happy.
- Go for a walk with whomever you live with and laugh!
I have included some free meditations that you can use during the day to break up the extensive computer time working from home.
I have linked several sources (both videos and articles) that explain why this happens and how it results in extreme lung damage, sepsis and possibly death.
Much of the concern about COVID-19 comes from the very small percent of the population (comprised mostly of the elderly with pre-existing conditions and the immunocompromised) that will have severe COVID-19 symptoms, largely due to what is known as a cytokine storm.
This is NOT what happens to the majority of people infected. This is not at all intended to induce panic. Please keep in perspective that this is a very small percent of the infected population.
I wanted to point out to you that there are several herbs that can help to decrease these cytokines as well as decrease viral adhesion, replication and shedding.
Additionally, there is some controversy about using Elderberry during a SARS 2 coronavirus infection because one of its mechanisms of action is increasing certain cytokines to kill invaders.
Additionally, I want to make you aware of a potential contraindication with Elderberry if you do become infected and are taking it. Here is an article detailing this information.
Dr. Myriah Hinchey
TAO, Hebron CT